Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No More Dining Halls!

Now that I finally live in an apartment, I have a kitchen! I am very excited to work on my cooking. Aunt Sandra got me How To Cook Everything, and I can't wait to try different recipes! 

I cooked dinner for my roommates and they loved it! It was the Barefoot Contessa's Parmesan Chicken recipe that my mom always makes for us at home. Hers is much better, of course! 


These are my favorite cookies...they are Paula Deen's Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies, and they are to die for (and you probably will due to the mass amounts of butter and sugar in them) 

The Banana Bread did not last very long! 

This is my new favorite dinner. I love Mexican food, but I hate the Mexican restaurants around here because they make me feel so unhealthy. So, I came up with this one night, trying to satisfy my craving while being healthy...I cooked the ground beef with taco seasoning, and then added my favorite elements of Mexican dishes, and mixed it all together: brown rice, corn, shredded cheese, guacamole, crushed up whole grain tortilla chips, and this is my favorite part... I love sour cream, and I found that plain Greek Yogurt tastes exactly the same! 
I call it Taco Salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment